Some Restorer’s stay out of rebuild work because of myths and misinformation.
Here are the facts!
What about licensing?
- 50% of States don’t require a GC license, and many others require a Home Improvement License requiring a simple application and fee.
Xactimate doesn’t pay enough.
- Xactimate pays $80 PH to hang drywall in Indianapolis, $105 PH in Boston, and $120 in San Diego. Can you make money off Xactimate pricing – YES!
I can’t hire enough hourly workers to do my rebuild work.
- You hire managers to manage the job and subcontract ALL labor to others.
Hourly construction workers milk the clock and kill my profits.
- You pay subcontractors by the job locking in labor profits regardless of their labor efficiency.
Profit margins are less than mitigation.
- YES, but what is better, a 75% profit on a $3000 mitigation job or a 50% profit on a $10,000 rebuild?
I don’t have any construction experience.
- You don’t have to. If you can manage the job, you can hire skilled tradespeople to do the work.
I don’t know how to estimate a rebuild job.
- That’s OK, you can outsource estimating to third party estimators, some of whom charge as little as $100 for a $10,000 construction estimate.
For other objections, CALL me and let me give you the facts!